Walk for Hope Terms & Conditions
By registering to take part in the Pancare Foundation’s Walk for Hope I agree to the following terms and conditions:
- I understand, I am required to complete the registration form and pay the entry fee. I declare all information provided on the registration form is true and correct.
- I understand, the entry fee is non-refundable, and cannot be deferred towards a future event, nor can an entry be transferred to another person. I understand, registration closure is determined and announced when event participation reaches the established capacity or a pre-set date.
- If I am one of the first 200 participants to register for the Melbourne, Sydney or Gold Coast Walk for Hope event, I will receive a Walk for Hope t-shirt but understand that depending on stocks, the event organisers may not be able to provide my correct size.
- If I am one of the first 100 participants to register for the Adelaide or Perth Walk for Hope event, I will receive a Walk for Hope t-shirt but understand that depending on stocks, the event organisers may not be able to provide my correct size.
- I declare, that I am 16 years or older on event day or that I am the parent/legal guardian of the participant who is under the age of 16 years. I have read and understood the terms and conditions and as the parent/legal guardian, I agree to these terms and conditions on behalf of the participant.
- I declare, as a condition of entry to the 2019 Walk for Hope, that I am not aware of any injury, illness, injury, physical disability or impairment which may cause me injury or death during or as a consequence of event participation.
- The decision to take part in Walk for Hope is my own and that no person(s) or organisation(s) will be held responsible for any accident, injury or loss to myself prior to, during or after the event.
- As there is no personal injury insurance provided to participants I understand that I should, in my own interest, independently seek and obtain personal insurance.
- I understand, the organisers reserve the right to delay, postpone or cancel the walk/run in the event of adverse weather conditions or other events outside the organisers control. The determination of what constitutes this is the responsibility of the Pancare Foundation.
- If I am a team leader or registering multiple people, I certify that I have made all people on my team aware of these terms and conditions, and that agreeing with them themselves, they have authorised me to register on their behalf.
- I agree, to follow all instructions given on the day from all event officials including Pancare staff and Walk for Hope crew volunteers, medical personnel and security officers throughout the duration of the event.
- I agree, to conduct myself in a professional and courteous manner during participation in the event and understand that the Pancare Foundation or its representatives may remove me from the event if my (i) behaviour is inappropriate, offensive or abusive, (ii) if I damage any property, (iii) if consumption of alcohol or drugs is suspected as the use of alcohol or drugs is prohibited at this event.
- I agree to wear the Walk for Hope bib number which is to be worn on the front during the event and understand I cannot take part if the bib is not worn.
- Baby joggers, baby strollers and wheelchairs, where the course route safely allows, are permitted on the course and I understand that in the interest of safety if I am using any of these I will start towards the back of the group.
- I understand, that no roller skates or blades, bicycles, scooters, skateboard or dogs are allowed and will not bring or allow my team to bring them.
- I understand, that photographs and videos of the walk/run will be taken for publicity purposes. I understand that my image may be used and give permission to the Pancare Foundation to freely use these across any form of media or promotional materials. If, for whatever reason, my photo cannot be used on social media I will advise the event organisers in advance and make it clear on the day.
- I consent, to the Pancare Foundation entering my personal details from the registration form into their database for the administration of the event, including to SMS event information to me if I have provided a mobile phone number. Unless otherwise indicated by me on the registration form, I also consent to my personal details being used by the Pancare Foundation for future marketing and event purposes.